Saturday 29 September 2012

A Steampunk Robot Character

My next university project will involve creating a steam punk robot character that will be playing chess, here is my first attempt at drawing and painting a robot:


I tried to make him look as steampunk as possible, mainly through the colour pallet and details like cogs and valves.
This probably wont be the robot I use in my final animation, partly because his proportions would make it difficult to utilize a chess board, but also because he just dost look the chess playing type, more the planetary destruction type.
As I said this is my first attempt at painting a robot at all, since my usual art style is more biological creatures, so bare in mind that it is very rough and I hope to improve my robot drawing skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment