Thursday 13 December 2012

Animation Choices and Some Art

So I decided to chose the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which I will be rebooting in the style of The Lost Thing.

My reasons for choosing the Ninja Turtles are that it is the option I was best acquainted with, having grown up watching it, whereas I wasn't as knowledgeable on Paddington Bear or Rhubarb and Custard. I also felt that there was more versatility as they were more humanoid characters and so would be easier to model and animate, as well as being better at gesturing or expressing emotion, which is a direction I wanted to go in.

My reasons for choosing the lost thing were that the textures were closer to the sort of textures I would be likely to use anyway, and I also liked the whole look and feel of the piece. I liked the fact that on the surface it could appear as just a sweet simple story, but it also had a deeper meaning about growing up and losing your imagination and creativity as you get older, and about how things change over time. This was a feel I defiantly wanted to use in my animation.

Here are a couple of sketches I've Been Working on.




No comments:

Post a Comment