Tuesday 18 December 2012

First Attempts at Modeling a Turtle

 I liked the stance on one of the sketches I drew so i thought i would try and model it in 3ds max, Here are the results:


 


So, it didn't work out perfectly but I think I got the stance pretty accurate. The things i need to work on most I think are making the shapes smoother and less blocky and working more on the details in the skin and shell, so that it looks more realistic and less simplistic. i also need to model more of the body from one block, instead f from separate pieces  otherwise, when smoothed, it pulls the planes apart as you can see, leaving gaps in the skin.

(Edit, I have since learned that I was supposed to model the characters in a 'T' position or it makes it very difficult to animate, so I will have to start over anyway)


No comments:

Post a Comment