Monday 11 February 2013

Set Design and Environmental Animation


Below is the setup of the opening scene. I used a lot of space in between the objects to create a sense of distance and emptiness in the world.



Above is a screenshot of me attempting to figure out how to make the newspaper clipping flap in a breeze, making the world feel more three dimensional  I tried a lot of different techniques including cloth modifiers or re-shaping the plane and key framing the animation by hand. In the end, the best effect was created by adding a ripple modifier to the plane, and manipulating the gizmo to ripple from one corner of the page.


Some other environmental animation that I had was the flicker of the fires and police lights in the city scene. To achieve this I simply increased and decreased the radius of the lights while taking key frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment